Monday, January 30, 2017

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a good week! I wanted to start off my letter this week by telling everyone this new theory I came up with the other day, I call it the tooth paste portal theory. I discovered this when I realized I've almost been using the same tube of toothpaste for a majority of my mission so far. And so I've come to realize that a tube of toothpaste actually has an endless supply of paste from another dimension and will never actually fully run out so long as each day you apply a slightly greater force on the tube forcing more paste from the other dimension and onto the brush. Trust me I've tested this theory.  I've had an empty tube for the last 2 weeks  and each day I've been able to squeeze an additional day out of the tube. It's truly amazing. I only hope to be in a history textbook one day haha.

Well this week was so fun! Our zone leaders started this new competition thing where everything we do counts as points, like getting members to lessons or putting someone on date for baptism.... things like that. Then at the end of the week, the companionship with the most points gets to go to lunch with President! So Elder Read and I have been working our butts off trying to talk to everyone we know and everyone we meet on the streets trying to get our investigators to progress. Well the motivation did us some good because we got 1st place in the zone competition. We put 5 people on date this week! Sarah and Wayne are preparing to be baptized on April 1st, Kris and Rebecca are preparing for July 8th and last but not least Leis is shooting for March 4th. (Just for you dal pal)...So I guess you could say we've had a good week haha! Oh and an update on Donald..... He has not yet received permission from the first presidency to get baptized but our mission president said it will take some time and to not give up hope! We showed Donald the movie called "How Rare a Possession" about DI Francesca and how he had to wait like 50 years to get baptized. Well he loved that movie and said "if DI Francesca can wait his whole life to get baptized I can wait 2 years"! So he's still doing awesome and we have talked to the bishop to get him a calling in the ward so he can get involved with the members and can make some friends and stay active in the ward long after the missionaries are gone. We are super pumped to work with all of our new investigators on date! Putting them on date it the easy part, showing them how to gain a relationship with God and wanting that relationship is the hard part.

It might sound to basic but what I've come to know is that we must first love our God " with all our heart might mind and strength" and if we do that first, any commandment ,calling or person cannot turn us away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! Simply because our relationship with our loving Heavenly Father is more important than anything else! Praying, reading our scriptures and coming to church are how we strengthen that relationship and following the commandments and fulfilling church callings is how we show our Father in Heaven that we value that relationship more than anything else. Well I'll step of the soapbox now and let ya’ll get back to your day haha!


Love, Elder Taysom




No comments:

Post a Comment