Monday, January 9, 2017

Hey everyone!

I hope y'all had a good week, I know I did! This week was a little crazy with the weather down here, we got snow again and a lot of freezing rain. FREEZING RAIN IS THE WORST!!!!! The mission President doesn't want anyone out working when there's freezing rain, just to keep everyone safe. But it feels so counterproductive to just sit in the apartment for most of the day! Like yesterday they had to cancel church and the mission office texted us to stay indoors. I was super bummed because we had a lot of our investigators wanting to come to church this week, but hopefully we can get them there next week.

Oh some updates on some of our investigators, Robin is doing awesome. She has been asking a lot of questions and has been getting a lot of answers through reading specific chapters we give her each week. We moved her date back to January 27th just to give her more time to prepare before baptism. Oh and our new investigator Don is awesome! Haha I told you all a little bit about Don last week but  I love him so much I'm going to talk about him again this week. So when I first met Don I was with Elder Packer, we were out walking the streets trying to talk to everyone we passed by. We walked up to this bus stop next to our apartment and saw a random guy (Don) waiting for the next bus. Elder packer and I then tried to talk to him about the gospel, but he just replied "go away I’m catholic" then he got on the bus and left. Elder packer and I just went on with our day thinking we would probably never see that guy again. Well we were wrong. Don had lost his job that week and was franticly looking for another one. Well a week after that experience Don got introduced to the DI and got a job there. The cool thing about the DI is they have little Sunday school lessons for all their employees once a week so after Don had gone to a couple of these classes he asked to meet with the missionaries. So by this time Elder Packer had left and I got Elder Read. So Elder Read and I went over to Don’s house not knowing who this DI referral was. I thought someone was playing a prank on us because when Don answer the door I recognized him and knew he was the guy from the bus stop, but then he invited us in and we had a great first lesson and we invited him to read the Book of Mormon. He invited us back to teach him more, so we came back for the next lesson and he had read all through 2 Nephi, taught himself about the plan of salvation, and said he knew Joseph smith was a true prophet of God. We then asked him if he would be baptized on January 28th and he said yes.

That was almost 2 weeks ago and now Don has been through all the discussions because he has insisted on meeting 3 times per week. He is now trying to teach himself how to do family history so after he is baptized he can take his dad’s name to the temple and do baptisms for the dead. Don has accepted our invitations to live the word of wisdom, law of chastity and all the other commandments including tithing!

Well that's all I got for this week! I love you all so much. I know this gospel is truly for everyone. I know that if we are honestly seeking for truth with an open hear and willingness to ACT UPON any promoting we may receive, he will answer you. It's quoted over 700 times in the Scriptures, "seek and ye shall find, ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you." All of these are action words. So act:)

love, Elder Taysom

Oh and PS the picture of the poem..... Don wrote that for Elder Read and I and then he framed it and gave it to us as a gift







No comments:

Post a Comment