Monday, April 17, 2017

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Wow what a week! haha This week was pretty crazy but fun. Elder Taylor and I started our week out by knocking on 1000 doors just trying to find someone to teach. We legit biked so much this week! Like my legs are getting so fit haha. But after knocking out like 3 apartment complexes we found Richard. He's like 55 and he has some form of cancer. He talked to us for a while and said he was really wondering what happens after this life and so we taught him a little bit about the plan of salvation and set up an appointment to come back. So I will keep you posted on Richard because he is super solid. Then towards the end of the week is when everything just went nuts.

So our investigator Tami, in my last area, got baptized last Saturday and they invited me back for that baptism. I'll talk a little bit more about that in a sec, but Elder Taylor and I were looking at all the bus schedules so we could bus down to Portland because we don't have a car. Anyway the baptism wasn't until 2:00 so we had time in the morning to bring our investigator Jonathan go play ultimate frisbee with the priests. So we went and we were having a grand time until Elder Taylor jumped to block a pass and came down on his ankle funny. So elder Taylor went down and his ankle swelled up really big so I drove him to the ER to get an X-ray and it turns out he spiral fractured his fibula. So now Elder Taylor has to go get a hard cast tomorrow for 3 months and he's not allowed to put any pressure on it. So yeah keep Elder Taylor in your prayers. I called President to let him know what was going on and he said Elder Taylor is probably going to be transferred to an area with a car so he can get around, so I might have a new comp the next time I email. But other than that the week was great.

I went to Tami's baptism and the spirit was so strong. It was so good to see her surrounded by the ward making her first covenant with the Lord Jesus Christ. It definitely got me in a good mood going into Easter Sunday! We should always remember Jesus Christ and it's something we covenant to do each week when we partake of the sacrament but it's nice to have a specific day to remember that our Savior completed the Father's preordained plan to redeem us from our fallen state. Knowing that Jesus Christ rose again and overcame death brings me so much peace and joy. Like it says in 2 Nephi 9:10 O how great the goodness of our God, who prepareth a way for our escape from the grasp of this awful monster; yea, that monster, death and hell, which I call the death of the body, and also the death of the spirit."

I don't know about you but death and hell doesn't sound very fun to me haha. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world and I love this Easter season that reminds us to keep our Savior in our thoughts and actions at all times. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love Elder Taysom













No comments:

Post a Comment