Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Saint Patrick's day everyone! 

Hope y'all were wearing green. This week was awesome, we had a bunch of appointments with our investigators. Not much has changed with all of them since last week but keep praying for Robyn, Sarah, Tami, Donald, and Ieda. They could all really use your prayers right now. But other than that it was just another great week as a missionary. 

Oh we got transfer news this week, I will be leaving sunnyside and heading over to Parkers Landing in the Vancouver East Stake and my companion will be Elder Taylor. Elder Taylor is awesome! He was in my district a couple transfers ago and we are going to do some great things in Parkers landing. I'm going to miss sunnyside though. The ward here is just awesome! There are so many families I have grown to love and I will miss them so much. I have tried to take as many pictures with the families and investigators we have been working with as possible. I have seen my testimony grow so much here in these last 4 transfers and I know the sunnyside ward is where the Lord needed me at this time. 

I just hope I did all I could to build his kingdom in the short 6 months I've been here. At times I've have felt overwhelmed with all the work I see that has need to be done but as always my spirits are lifted as I turn to the scriptures. As I was reading in Alma 37:6 when Alma is talking to his son Helaman about keeping a record of his people, he said (6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.) This scripture hit me so hard. I know and have a true testimony that our best is enough, but only our best. I think President Uchtdorf said it best when he said, "May we always remember this profound lesson: that we are banner bearers of the Lord Jesus Christ, upheld by the Holy Spirit of God, faithful and true to the end, each one devoted to give our all to the cause of Zion and bound by covenant to stand close together and lift where we stand." I read this talk and that scripture in Alma the same day that I was questioning my effectiveness as a missionary. I know God answers prayers and he did so to me through his appointed mouthpieces. This gospel has eternal consequences and there is no greater work over bringing salvation to God's children. 

I feel like I'm preaching to the choir but I do know this is where I'm supposed to be and if we all "lift where we stand" and give our all through small acts of faith, there will be "great things brought to pass". 

I love you all and hope you have a good week! 
Love Elder Taysom





No comments:

Post a Comment