Monday, August 7, 2017

Wow what a week!!! 

I've never been so busy in my life haha it's awesome! We started our week out good with interviews. I always love interviews with President. He's the bomb! He always knows how to motivate everyone to do more with love. Elder Anderson, Brown and I then had a meeting with him afterwards to go over the missionary work in the zone. President gave us some great insights on what we can change to be more effective as a zone. We came up with a fun competition to get more investigators this next week so we could reach our zone goal of 18 new investigators per week. We said whatever district gets the most new investigators by the end of the week gets an ice cream party at there next district meeting. Well apparently the zone has been craving some ice cream because we got 24 new investigators this week as a zone!!!!! So our zone crushed it this week! We have another challenge lined up for next week too so stay tuned. 

This week we also had a meeting with the stake youth committee to set up some mini missions with all the youth in the stake that are older than 16. If you don't know what a mini mission is don't worry because I didn't either until I got on my mission. It's pretty cool. So what we do is we get a priest from one of the surrounding wards to come out with us the whole day and be a missionary with us. At 9:00pm we take them home but then they're back with us again the next day until 9:00 so they get to see missionary life and know what to prepare for. That should be happening in about to weeks so that will be super fun. 

An update on some of our investigators..... Leslie our 18 year old investigator is going to get back from her ROTC camp today so we have a lesson set up for tomorrow at the church. She has been praying and reading the Book of Mormon and we asked her to pray to know if Joseph Smith was a true prophet. We hope she accepted our invitation and we can ask if she got an answer tomorrow for our lesson. We also found 3 new investigators this week but we will be referring 2 of them to the Spanish Elders. Which leaves us with one new person to teach and his name is Anthony. We met Anthony in a parking lot in an apartment complex. He is one scary looking dude and kind of comes off as a jerk but once we got to know him he opened up and told us about his life. He has been through some pretty hard trials in his life. We talked to him about the Book of Mormon and the piece it can bring to his life. He invited us back and said he would read the introduction by the next time we came over so we are super pumped for Anthony and I will keep you updated on his progress. 

Well that's all the excitement I got for this week. I love it out here and thank my Heavenly Father for these short 2 years I have to represent the Lord Jesus Christ in everything I do. I love spreading this message of happiness and watching the effect it has on people. The simple knowledge of knowing we are saved from our fallen state by our Savior Jesus Christ gives me strength and gives me that desire to let everyone know there is a way back to our loving God. Stay fresh fam! 

Love Elder Taysom 






No comments:

Post a Comment