Monday, August 21, 2017

What a week haha! We started the week out with mini missions. We took a kid out for all of Tuesday and Wednesday named Jacob Fagg. He was such a funny guy. His favorite activities consist of naming dragons and playing a lot of video games that I have never heard of before. We took him around to a bunch of teaching visits and he mostly stayed quiet for the teaching part of it. Elder Brown and I wanted to let him do a little bit of the teaching so we went over the plan of salvation with him so he could teach a little bit of it to our investigator Leslie. We asked him right before the lesson which point he would like to cover in the plan of salvation so we knew to let him teach that park and he said Spirit prison haha. So we let him, and he was doing really well until he started teaching a lot of false doctrine and ended up relating Spirit Prison to the Hotel California where the spirits can never leave. So that was great haha but it all ended up ok. We talked to him later about teaching the doctrine simply and on our last day together he did a great job explaining it to a less active member. Oh and we also got him a hair cut haha He liked his long hair but we talked to him about who we represent and why it's important to live and look like what we teach. We made it a surprise for his mom..... she was MORE than gratefull. 

On Wednesday we dropped Elder Anderson off at the mission home. I grew really close to Elder Anderson. He's a great missionary and I was sad to see him leave. Then on Thursday we had a mission leadership meeting like all day. We learned a lot from President MacAteer and we got free lunch so that was a bonus. President mostly trained us on how to work with members and I think it's really going to help our mission get to 50 baptisms per month. I also got to see my trainer Elder Packer again so that was awesome! Later in the week we had exchanges with the PA's Elders Holloway and Porter. I went with elder Holloway and learned a lot from him. We didn't get much proselyting time because we had to go run all over the mission and take care of some stuff, but we just made the best of it and had fun. I also got to go back to my last area and see one of my investigators be baptized. It was Shana Heights and it was so awesome to see how much she has changed! I got to be one of the witnesses for the baptism and I could feel the spirit so strong. 

Then we got to finish off the week by watching the solar eclipse. We got together as a zone and had breakfast so we could eat some delicious pancakes while we watched the moon eat the sun. Well that's all I really got for this week! I love my mission and I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else right now. The gospel of Jesus Christ has truly changed my life and I can't even express how much joy it brings me to share it with others. 
Love you all fam stay fresh!

Love elder Taysom

Pictures:
Jacob Fagg, Elder Anderson's last pics with me and the zone flying him home (tradition in the mission), Mission Leadership Meeting and DLC meeting, random pics of the week, zone Breakfast for the solar eclipse 





















No comments:

Post a Comment