Monday, June 19, 2017

HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYONE! 

Shout out to my dad for always being there for me and getting me out on a mission. I love you pops and just want to thank you for putting up with my crap for 19 years haha! 

So this week was transfers! I will forever miss the Parker's Landing Ward! On Monday and Tuesday we went around and said goodbye to all the members and investigators. There are so many awesome people in that ward that I am really going to miss! 

BUT...... I LOVE MY NEW WARD. THEY ARE SO MISSIONARY MINDED!! Oh and my new comp Elder Brown is awesome! He's 20 years old. He's from Idaho and he's been out on his mission for 20 months now. I have already learned a lot from each him and he's just a stud. Elder brown and I have had a full week going around to all the members and investigators just introducing the new missionary in the ward.....AKA me haha. 

I like the new zone I'm in. There's not many hikes or lakes to go fishing in here but  hey we can always just ball it up at the stake center. Oh so things about my zone, Elder Cook (my MTC comp) is my new zone leader and he lives in a 4 man apartment with Elder Finley (my other MTC comp) so when I go on exchanges with the zone leaders I could be rooming with both of my old MTC companions haha! It's a long shot but it would be so fun. 

My new apartment is pretty nice. It's not as nice as my last apartment but it's still one of the better ones in the mission. Elder Brown and I live with 2 other Elders, Elder Glover and Elder Smith. They are awesome and Elder Smith is a brand new missionary. He's been out for 5 days now. We have been playing pranks on him all week haha. Like on Wednesday (his first day out in the field) I called all the missionaries into the kitchen and then I said "I'll say the prayer" and Elder Smith asked why we were saying a prayer. So we explained to him that we pray over all the food in the whole kitchen once a week because we don't have time to bless every single meal. We have been doing little things like that all week haha! He's a cool kid and is a good sport about the whole thing. 

Oh and the pictures I sent are of me and some members in the Parker's Landing Ward when I was saying goodbye to them all. The cool picture with the car is Elder Brown and I. We were just walking to this lady's house and I saw that cool old Packard in the driveway so I said to Elder Brown "let's go ask him if we can take a picture with his car and then see if he wants the gospel" haha Well, he didn't want anything to do with the gospel but he sure was happy to take pictures of us in his car. 


Well that's all I got for this week. I know this church is true and I know I say that a lot but my testimony just keeps growing and growing on the truthfulness of this gospel. I know that our loving Heavenly Father, his son Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are 3 separate and distinct beings. I know that god has always worked through prophets and always will. I know this great gospel brings peace and happiness and it is our job as missionaries and members to bring others unto Christ to help them feel of the great peace and joy this gospel brings. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Love elder Taysom












No comments:

Post a Comment