Monday, October 10, 2016


Hey everyone!

So I’m finely here!!! I’m in the mission!

We had to leave the MTC at 3am and get on one of the MCT busses to the train station. Then we took an hour and a half long train ride to another bus stop that then took us to the airport! So getting to the airport was kind of a pain but it was fun! Then I got to call some of my friends and family. It was really early so sorry for waking some of you up haha!

Oh and when I was calling some of my friends to ask them about their mission calls, I tried to call Blake because I knew he was leaving for the MTC soon, but he didn't answer. I was kind of bummed out about that, but when I was about to board the plane, I was walking to the gate and I hear behind me..... Tanner!? I slowly turned around because no one has called me by my first name in weeks and it was Blake! The Lord works in mysterious ways! I didn't get to talk to him long because I had to get on the plane but I got to hug him and say bye! SO IF THAT DOESNT TELL YOU THE CHURCH IS TRUE I DONT KNOW WHAT WILL! Haha!! So that was awesome!

Then when we landed in Portland I got to meet my mission president and his wife the McAteers! They are awesome and love missionary work. They had us sleep at the APs apartment for the night. Then the next morning we got to meet our Trainers!!! AND I GOT THE BEST TRAINER IN THE WORLD! His name is Elder Packer. He’s 19 from Kaysville, Utah and is a triple black belt in Chun Kuk Do so you don't have to worry about my safety anymore mom haha! We are in the Portland Organ, Sunny Side ward!

It’s a walking mission so that's not what I was really expecting. But I love it... It’s so pretty here and walking around lets you see all of it and is better for street contacting! Oh and the people are crazy here! Haha like I don't really know how to explain it so I’ll send a video of a person me and Elder Packer talked to the other day! Well that's all I got for this week! I love it here and love being a representative of the Lord even more!

Love elder Taysom











No comments:

Post a Comment