Monday, July 24, 2017

What is up everyone!

Hope y'all had a great week. This week was awesome! We had an awesome district meeting on finding people and I think it really pumped us all up to get out and do more. We talked about our mission's goal of 50 baptisms per month and we are probably going to miss our goal by like 8 baptisms this month but that is still the most this mission has ever had! When Elder Anderson of the 12 came and challenged us to get 50 he said he knew there were 50 people out there that are truly searching and are ready to enter the waters of baptism, so all we have to do is find those 50! Hopeful we can get it next month.

After that district meeting Elder Brown and I decided we needed to find someone who is ready to be baptized and we prayed that we would be lead to them. Well we then started looking through our area book and came across a couple names that stood out to us. One of those names was Shayna. Shayna had been taught by missionaries before but she was not keeping commitments. We decided we needed to visit her and set up an appointment. Well long story short she said we could come back Wednesday so we did. We had one of the most spiritual lessons I've had on my mission on the plan of salvation and then we asked her if she would be baptized on Augustus 19th and she said YES! Now comes that sad part. We got transfer news this Saturday and I'm getting transferred. I am going to the Fishers Landing ward in the Vancouver East stake. I'm supper bummed to be leaving McLaughlin and I will miss the people here so much! I know a little bit about the Fishers Landing ward just because I've been on exchanges there with the Zone Leaders and the members seem like they're down for missionary work so I'm excited. Oh haha and my new companions will be Elder Brown and Elder Anderson. There are 3 Elder Browns in our mission and so I'm just trading one Elder Brown for another. My new Elder Brown was my first district leader in Portland and I have always looked up to him as a missionary! My other companion Elder Anderson was in my district in Portland and we are like best friends so this next transfer is going to be a lot of fun!

Well that's all I got for this week, I love you all and keep the faith!



Love Elder Taysom



















No comments:

Post a Comment