Monday, October 2, 2017

Hey everyone! 

Wow time is just flying out here in the Couve! Sorry I didn't write a main email last week I'll try and make up for both weeks in this email. Just some quick updates on our investigators, Seth is doing great we had 2 lessons with him these last two weeks and we have been planning out the details for his baptism. His family is even flying in so they can be there on the 14th for it. Also Nathan is doing great, he has been drug free for the last two weeks and our last lesson with him went great. I remember biking over to his house last Saturday and thinking to myself... " why are we going over to Nathan's again, he is so far gone, there's no way he is going to qualify for baptisms anytime soon and he doesn't even know who God is" well the lord definitely chastened me because when we started the lesson, Nathan said he wanted to share something with us. He said that he started praying the way we taught him and he bore his testimony to us of God,s love. I can't even tell you how hard the spirit slapped me in the face. He then asked us about general Conference and asked to go with us. We went to the priesthood session and he loved it. Long story short this gospel will and can change anyone in any circumstance. So yeah our main investigators are doing great. 

We had Zone Conference 2 weeks ago and it was in Portland so I got to see my trainer elder packer and some old members from my first area! It was so good to see them all and talk for a little to get updates on life. Elder Pilling and I also gave a training at Zone Conference and at first I was pretty nervous about it but it went super well and it was a good learning experience. Also my birthday was so fun...the  whole Zone surprised me at the stake center and sang to me for lunch. Then I had one of the best dinners of my mission at the Bowman's. Sister Bowman made me some homemade cheesecake that was just too good to be true! 

Then to finish off the week we had THE SUPPER BOWL OF THE MORMON CHURCH ........ GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!! It was so good, I loved all of it. It was a little weird watching TV for a couple hours but all of the talks felt like they were tailored just for me. On of my favorites of the conference would definitely be (Joseph Smith the Prophet) by Tad R Callister. He is one of my favorite speakers and he also wrote the book "The Infinite Atonement" that explains Christ ministry and just explains the gospel and points out how true it is.  

Oh fun story, on our way back from the priesthood session of General Conference elder Pilling and I got caught in a downpour on our bikes. We were biking back as quick as we could but pretty soon all the drains on the road got plugged up because of all the fallen leaves and the streets became a 3 foot swimming pool that we had to bike through for a couple miles haha. We legit were soaked from head to toe and we were freezing. Hey but our mission president said "elders the more you bike in the rain the hotter your wife will be when you get back" so I'm just stacking up the points. 

Today I got to go golfing for the first time on my mission. I still suck but it was so fun and we had a blast. We also went ice skating with the Zone and escaped with only minor bruises and scraped knees. Anyway that's all I got for this week! The church is true the book is blue and Jesus loves you!


Love elder Taysom


No comments:

Post a Comment