Monday, August 14, 2017

CARTER GOT MARRIED!!!!!!!!!! That's so crazy haha I love you Carter and Adrian and hope you're enjoying the honeymoon😉😂 It seems like everything has changed since I've been gone. My brother is married, my little bro has a perm, and my mom and pops go on vacations like every other week haha. Times are changing and it sounds like for the better.... except Dallin's hair.

Well this week was probably one of the funniest/ busiest week I've had on my mission so far. We started out the week by doing stake reports. Stake reports are a form we have to fill out for the stake each month that shows how the missionaries are doing and a bunch of numbers that we have to talk about and make a plan to improve them. We also set up the mini mission details for the zone and that will be happening this Thursday and Friday so that should be way fun. We had a new zone competition this week too. Whoever got the most new investigators gets to have a BBQ with their district at President McAteer's house. Well our district didn't win but I definitely think it kept us motivated during the week to do better.

Oh some updates on our investigators, we had a lesson with Leslie this week and gave her a tour of the church so she would feel more comfortable on Sunday. Well the tour went well and she said we answered a bunch of her questions and was excited to come to church. She didn't end up coming to church but please keep her in your prayers. We also had a lesson with Brother Groda who is a returning less active member in the ward. He said he wants to work towards the temple and towards receiving the Melchizedek priesthood so we invited him to go to the temple with us so we could tour him around and explain what happens at the temple to get him excited for it. Well during the tour we ACCIDENTALLY😉 ran into an old friend you might recognize haha. It was Tanner Terry!!! Can you believe that he happened to be at the same temple the same day at the same exact time as I was?????? WHAT A CRAZY COINCIDENCE 😂🤥 haha It was so good to see him and catch up for 10 min before I had to go. He looks like he's doing great and it was good to see someone I knew for once. Now you see why this was probably my favorite week on the mission.

Oh we also had one of the best zone P-Days I've had in a while. We went to the beach on the Columbia river and had a BBQ and played kickball. I tried to get as much sun as possible so people can tell the difference between my skin and my shirt.

Well that was my eventful week, I love it out here and I love this gospel of change. I am definitely not the same moody teenager that I was when I started my mission and I owe that all the the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is our perfect example and I know he will make up the difference when we give our all to be better and follow his teachings. I love you all and hope you have a great week.


Love Elder Taysom









No comments:

Post a Comment